Miss Harassed

A journal of my troubles with internet 'suitors'.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Genesis of harassment

The first one was not very long ago at all. Someone added me to their msn contacts list and I wondered who they were. I looked at my friends profiles on the internet and realised it can't have been one that had a website etc. with their hotmail account listed. At the time I was absolutely convinced that it was someone I knew - so I accepted them as a contact and they were already online.

I said hello, asked who they were and apologised for if I was meant to recognise their hotmail address. By this point I was beginning to suspect I didn't know them - their username was odd and their user icon was a picture of a guy I didn't recognise. After a few minutes I got a reply which went something like 'A man is where his history is from' - that was all, it was a little odd. I asked where his history might be from and he kept replying with riddles. After quite a while I managed to get him to give his first name and where he was from (a country in Europe, but I won't say which).

He claimed to have been to London before and to be adding people from there because he liked it. He was actually very normal on the harassment stakes - just a nice guy (I think) who was a little creepy when he wouldn't tell me who he was and when he seemed to know whereabouts I lived in the county I'd listed. I was confused that he'd added me if all he wanted to do was speak in riddles and not say much. Little did I know that this was the start of a series of internet 'suitors' who verge on, and sometimes go a bit beyond the perverted.

In fact I think a naming system shall be used to keep track - maybe following the alphabet like hurricanes do. Since this was the first (and least perverted by a long way) of the people I met on the internet I think I shall call him... Adam.

More to come in the next entries - when things take an interesting turn.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty creepy guy!

Love the new blog - keep up the posting, can't wait for the next "episode"!!! It's about time all these perverts were exposed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home